Top Social

Minimalistic | Lifestyle | Beauty

Professional Bookworm

30 May 2015

credit to booksandblankets from tumblr!



I don't think i've ever spoken about my love for books on my blog which is weird because they're such a huge part of my life so i'm here to bring you 18 books that you have to read at least once in your life (but before you're 18 is good too)

Because of books i'ved lived a thousand lives and experienced times i couldn't even imagine otherwise, books are incredible and I love the feeling of being so present in a moment ... whilst sitting reading in bed.

1) The Mortal Instrument Series by Cassandra Clare

Whilst this series may not be for everyone it involves adventure and finding yourself through 6 different books. I love this book and it cannot come from higher recommendations, there is a movie featuring Lily Collins and Jamie Campbell Bower that is great too so if you find yourself sadly finished with the books watch the movie! Sadly, there won't be a second film but they are bringing out a show called 'Shadowhunters' based off of the books which is coming soon and I couldn't be anymore excited!

2) The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

This book is amazing - it is a perfect coming-of-age novel centered around Charlie.

Its narrator is an introverted teenager known as Charlie, who describes his experiences in a series of letters to an anonymous stranger. Set in the early 1990s, the novel follows Charlie through his freshman year of high school in a Pittsburgh suburb. Intelligent beyond his years, he is an unconventional thinker; as the story begins, the reader learns that Charlie is also shy and unpopular. 

There is a movie of this book too featuring Logan Lerman and Emma Watson and it is amazing and emotional in the best way.

3) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Now, i think everyone has read this book but if you haven't you NEED to! With John Green as an author and an award-winning movie it was hard not to hear about and for the best reasons. 

The story is narrated by a sixteen-year-old cancer patient named Hazel Grace Lancaster, who is forced by her parents to attend a support group in the "Literal Heart of Jesus" where she subsequently meets and falls in love with the seventeen-year-old Augustus Waters, an ex-basketball player and amputee.

4) 13 Reasons Why

This was a great read - I read it when i was around 15 and going through some hard times but this book was really interesting and it shows what impact you can have on a person's life.

Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush who committed suicide two weeks earlier.

5) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

This series needs no introduction but before you watch the movies read the books they're amazing and filled with adventure.

The nation of Panem, formed from a post-apocalyptic North America, is a country that consists of a wealthy Capitol region surrounded by 12 poorer districts. Early in its history, a rebellion led by a 13th district against the Capitol resulted in its destruction and the creation of an annual televised event known as the Hunger Games. 

6) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

I read this book on my kindle on the plane ride to Canada and i was completely in love with this book! Being a fangirl myself over too many things this book automatically stuck out to me!


But for Cath, being a fan is her life—and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving.

7) Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Another Rainbow Rowell book i read on my Canada plane ride (I saved these books until i was on the plane and it was so worth it!)

Set over the course of one school year, this is the story of two star-crossed sixteen-year-olds—smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try

8) To Kill A Mockingbird  by Harper Lee

This book is beyond captivating and shares a lot of lessons through its pages. It's a classic read and i hope everyone once in their lives gets to read it. There is also a movie of this book too!

Compassionate, dramatic, and deeply moving, To Kill A Mockingbird takes readers to the roots of human behavior - to innocence and experience, kindness and cruelty, love and hatred, humor and pathos.

9) Divergent by Veronica Roth

Now a huge franchise, I read it when it was just a plain book on the shelf but it was always so much more than that. With badass girl power and a cute boy who could say no?

n Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives.

10) Looking For Alaska - John Green

Another John Green book can you tell i'm a fan? 

Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. He heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself.

11) The Infernal Devices - Cassandra Clare

Okay so i admit, i am a HUGE Cassandra Clare fan and the Shadowhunter world captivates me beyond belief. I am such a huge fan and this is the prequel to The Mortal Instruments series (probably best to read this first so you have a better understanding in the TMI series)

The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. 

12) My Fat, Mad Teenage Diary

Okay admittedly the TV show made me want to read the books which i am yet to do but this TV is so real and i can relate much more than i can any other TV show. 

It's 1989 and Rae is a fat, boy-mad 17-year-old girl, living in Stamford, Lincolnshire with her mum and their deaf white cat in a council house with a mint off-green bath suite and a larder Rae can't keep away from.

The television series is AMAZING and i encourage everyone to watch it, it is so funny and honest.

The end!

(Most of the serious descriptions were taken from Wikipedia or Goodreads)

So that is my blog post this week sorry if it was boring but i am a big bookworm and i can't hide it! I did something fun this week and got my nose pierced which hurt more than i thought it did but i could survive so look out for next week's post on that!

But tell me below do you have a favourite book? Or do you have any recommendations? At the minute i'm reading Fallen by Lauren Kate and will let you know how I get on. 
23 comments on "Professional Bookworm"
  1. Yet another great post! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post so much! im so glad there are other bookworms out there too :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite books would have to be: Lucky by Alice Sebold and The lonely bones by Alice Sebold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Rainbow Rowell books! I recently read 'Fangirl' and it was amazing :)
    I also love John Green books, his writing is fab!

    www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love books as well. Unfortunally I don't read any of this books.
    I want to say that I like your blog) Would you like to follow each other?
    I looking for your answer)

    http://www.blueberriesblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only read 2 of those books and saw a movie of another one. I defiantly need to read the rest, they look very interesting!

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks great if u want we can follow each other :)
    just let me know
    kisses
    isidora
    http://highheelpoodl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these sure sound like good reads. I haven't read none of it and unfortunately I don't have a fav book.

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing post. I am always in search for new books. This great. I need to buy The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and seems his other book is going to be on the shop list as well and 13 Reasons Why sounds great,too. Following you and thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. BOOKWORMS UNITE. It's really funny how I've hardly ever divulged my bookophilia on my blog up until recently, too! Haha, it seems liek you're more into the YA scene than I am, though I've read all of these books already! I'm not too sure on Perks and E&P because they didn't impact me the way they impacted everyone else, but To Kill a Mockingbird is AMAZING.

    So looking forward to more bookish posts! Also, do you have goodreads? Because we must become goodreads friends! Drop a little note on my blog if you do so we can connect! <3

    May x • THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
  11. Postagem maravilhosa amei.
    Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNNlFtDc1-o
    Blog:http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great reading inspo! Thanks for sharing Rebecca!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to read a lot of books this summer!!!!
    xo Paola
    Expressyourself
    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't realise that my mad fat diary was based on a book. I loved the tv show! I don't read many books but would love to start reading more, I'll keep an eye out for these :) http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a huge fan of books too :)))
    Great list!

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love books too, if only I had more time to read, there are so many books I wanna read. Right now I relax with some fun chick-lit. They are always fun to read.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Most of the books on this list have changed my life for the better, and I write that as a bookworm speaking in all honesty. I've read 2,3,5,6,7,8,9, & 10. This is a very good post on some good reads. Most specifically my life changed when I read Perks. The book truly opened my mind up to the idea that everyone struggles and everyone has a past, you never know what is going on inside someone. I've just found your blog and as an avid reader I'm happy to see this post :)
    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow how on earth did you get such an amazing layout on your blogspot!! This is amazing <3 Lovely choices of books, reading is the best :D This is a wonderful post! Thanks for the super sweet comment on my blog, I'm glad you enjoy my writing! Always returning the support!!
    http://thefacelessstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've read a few of these, 13 Reasons Why was really thought provoking.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great collection! I need to read more books! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice pick , i got to read some of them :D

    www.bebagottel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature